E.T.

Abandoned, rejected, left behind and forgotten. These are the words that come to mind when I think of the friends and family I've lost, while going through this divorce. Although, at this point, I don't believe they deserve the title of ''family'' or "friend", or "human", for that matter. Yes, much like E.T., I waddled my little, wrinkly ass out of the space ship, wandered off too far and then, the bastards took off without me. Although, unlike E.T., I doubt I'll befriend a little boy, as the state of NJ frowns on that sort of thing, and I don't think "phoning home" is going to magically make them return. But, much like E.T. I do enjoy Reese's Pieces and drinking beer in a bathrobe. So, I'll take the good with the bad.
One of the harder things of this divorce, aside, from my wife leaving, is that everyone else went with her. It's understandable that her family would take her side, what family wouldn't? But, the first night she left, I attempted to contact each and every one of them, to see if she was okay, as she gave no indication of where she was going. No one answered my call. In the months that followed, friends that we had made together, neglected me in a similar manner. I did not reach out to any of them, but none of them attempted to reach out to me. So, yes, abandoned, rejected, left behind and forgotten.
Most of them, I knew and loved the entire eight years I've lived down here in NJ. I helped her parents when I could, respected her grandparents, and aunt, aided in moving her sister twice and parents just this past November. I had all of these people in my home numerous times over the years and most recently; for her birthday on January 2nd of this year. She left me January 6th. I've spoken to no one since her birthday.
So, yes, I'm angry, bitter, pissed, upset, and anything else I can feel at this time. I've been forgotten, made a phantom or ghost. Someone to never be spoken of, ever again. They made their choice, and whether they simply don't care or don't know what to do, the end result still represents apathy, neglect and rejection. Personally, that's something I could never do, but unfortunately, when shit goes south, you find out who people really are and what they can do; it's just a shame that most of the time, they simply do nothing. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go buy some candy and beer.

Wash...
Rinse...   
Repeat...

                                                                             

Comments

Popular Posts